Chain of Responsibility (4.5 CPD points - Stream B - FTA053)
This course is highly recommended for transport operators, exporters, importers, customs brokers, freight forwarders and supply chain professionals - suitable for managers through to operational staff.
The Chain of Responsibility (CoR) requires that anyone who has control over the transport task must ensure that their action, inaction or demands do not contribute to breaches of Heavy Vehicle National Law.
This awareness course is an introduction to Chain of Responsibility regulation - a necessary step toward transport supply chain & logistics compliance covering:
** Chain of Responsibility Laws **
Explains national, state and territory laws and regulations and their enforcement, what penalties may be imposed and the requirements for a ‘reasonable steps’ defence.
** What must be managed **
Covers potential breaches in heavy vehicle mass, dimension, loading, speed and driver fatigue and what you can do to avoid them.
** Your responsibilities **
This topic provides everyone in the transport supply chain with a clear understanding of their responsibilities under CoR and the actions they may take to ensure breaches do not occur.
NOTE: content is based on materials published by the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) and State / Territory Road Safety Authorities
Chain of Responsibility has been developed using our ‘dynamic and responsive interface’, usable across desktop and mobile devices.
Other features include:
• Animated scenarios for all key concepts
• Interactive activities
• Glossary links provide quick access to detailed explanations and technical terms
• Case studies and scenario based activities provide extra emphasis on key concepts
This e-Learning course takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete
Upon passing the online assessment a certificate with two years validity will be automatically generated.
Please note that licenced customs brokers will also be entitled to 4.5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points in Stream B upon succesfully completing the online assessment.
$137.50 (including GST) - discounts apply for bulk purchases for businesses that are members of the Container Transport Alliance of Australia (CTAA), Freight & Trade Alliance (FTA) or the Australian Peak Shippers Association (APSA) - all enquiries to info@FTAlliance.com.au
- Chain of Responsibility (4.5 CPD points - Stream B - FTA053)
• Know what the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) is, it's purpose, and your duties under it
• Understand what Chain of Responsibility is
• Understand HVNL and Chain of Responsibility legislative requirements (including State and Territory regulations), offences and penalties
• Recognise the role State and Territory authorities play in the management and enforcement of HVNL laws
• Recognise who can be held responsible under Chain of Responsibility
• Know the importance of safe load restraint, appropriate load mass and dimension, and prevention of driver fatigue and speeding
• Identify what must be managed to avoid Chain of Responsibility related road safety breaches
• Understand what action to take if you observe a potential or actual breach of Chain of Responsibility in your transport chain
• Understand specific responsibilities of certain parties in the transport chain
Contact ComplianceNet - Freight & Trade Alliance Training Support on 02 9975 1878 or czalai@FTAlliance.com.au for help with enrolment.